Muscle pain or muscle soreness can range from, acute pain like a stiff neck to more severe complex regional pain syndrome. Muscle pain is mainly due to tension, stress, overuse and Injuries, this type of pain is normally specific to one area or body part. Systemic muscle pain is a pain felt throughout the entire body systemic muscle pain is often due to an infection, sickness or to a certain type of medication.
Causes and Condition of muscle pain:-
1. Muscle strain.
2. Muscle Cramp: Sudden contraction of Calf muscle cramp.
3. Repetitive movement strain –muscle which has been over-fatigued.
4. Sprain –stretching or tearing of a ligament
5. Delayed onset muscle soreness –pain and stiffness from strenuous exercise.
Some common causes of systemic muscle pain:-
2. Viral infection
3. Lupus- inflammatory diseases
4. Rheumatoid arthritis
5. Chronic fatigue syndrome
6. Myofascial pain syndrome
Joint pain is pain felt in the joints of the body, where bone connects with bone. Chronic joint pain is often due to arthritis. This is typically felt like a mild pain when moving the joints and is also causes stiffness.
Causes of Joint Pain:-
1. Fracture bones and dislocation
2. Arthritis / Osteo Arthritis
3. Inflammatory diseases such as lupus
5. Repetitive movement
Pain in your muscle or a specific joint in the body can be very frustrating on so many levels. Whether you are experiencing a minor muscular at the pain to the joint disorder that limits your movement, our treatment will help relieve your joint and muscle pain.
Dr. Meera Vali Shaik
Specialist Orthopedic Surgery
Thumbay Clinic, Umm Al Quwain